Glendale Managed Services, the ‘green services’ division of Alston Investments Ltd, has revenues of circa £50 million and operates throughout the UK. Glendale’s activities include grounds management, arboriculture, landscaping, estate management, vegetation control, woodland management, supply and relocation of plants and semi-mature trees, winter services and the management of sports facilities.
At the forefront of green service provision across the UK since 1989, Glendale offers innovative solutions for the total management and maintenance of the green
- Full time, permanent position within our team.
- Based in Weymouth, working across Dorset.
- Successful candidates will have some experience of horticultural tasks and previous experience of using hand held machinery such as mowers and strimmer’s.
- Candidates with a formal qualification in horticulture, PA1 & PA6, machinery competency certificates will be at an advantage
- Full clean drivers licence essential
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to learn are key
- A high level of initiative and self motivation.
- Strong relationship building skills coupled with excellent communication skills.
- A self motivated individual.
- Flexible approach to duties.
- Customer/client care focus.
- Leadership and communication skills
As a Team leader you will report into the Contract Supervisor. The Contract Supervisor will have the organisation skills required to manage the day-to-day operation of the contract, working with the Contract Supervisor to ensure the delivery of the contract.
Key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Liaise with your line manager to ensure the teams have the resources required to fulfil their tasks.
- Liaise with the line manager on staffing requirements by producing and using reports and plans.
- Be involved with the interviewing and recruitment of new employees, following the company’s recruitment and onboarding procedure, ensuring the compliance of the contract within the company.
- Monitor and approve operative holidays.
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc work programmes, and assist with service delivery to ensure work programme tick sheets are administratively maintained.
- Prioritise the workload of the team.
- Monitor the efficiency and organise the maintenance of vehicles and machinery.
- Issue rectification and improvement notices to the appropriate teams, ensuring they are fully conversant with the conditions of the notice.
- Communicate with customers and with your line manager on work related issues.
- Communicate with your line manager on employee absences.
- Communicate with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Monitor work in line with inspection programmes and the quality assurance method statement.
- Make recommendations on improvements to services.
- Ensure the completion of workforce timesheets.
- Provide quotations for services.
- Support the maintenance of Environmental Standards and compliance with the BS EN ISO 14001:1996 standard at the contract.
- Undertake any duties as may reasonably be required.
Health and Safety
- To act in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Glendale Health and Safety Policy at all times
- To carry out instructions from your Line Manager in accordance with Glendale’s Health and Safety Policy, Glendale’s Codes of Practice, Glendale’s Quality Management Systems and the Employee Handbook.
- To be knowledgeable of Health and safety regulations within your workplace and the activities that you are carrying out.
- Ensure you have completed the necessary induction and health and safety modules prior to commencement of any works.
- You must be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and that of others, in your working environment,
- To promote safe working practices at all times and to ensure that all equipment is safe to use.
How to Apply
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below