SPEN Contract Production Supervisor
Caernarfon, North Wales
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader providing green services to private and public sector businesses.
The post-holder will have a recognised qualification to NVQ 3 in a related subject such as Horticulture, Arboriculture or a proven track record in delivery of Utility Arboriculture works.
The successful candidate will have an established track record as a Junior Manager/Supervisor in a small/medium sized enterprise, preferably with knowledge in Utility Arboriculture. To gain the credibility required to make a success of this position they will be characterised by a management or leadership background and the successful creation of strong, outgoing client relationships. A proven track record in Utility Arboriculture contracts is desirable.
- Contribute fully to the effective planning and delivery of the surveying and operational teams within the contract area, and to own designated responsibility for the delivery of planned PID surveying and cutting according to the productivity timeline.
- Ensure SPEN and Glendale Quality audits are conducted in line with contractual requirements and all actions are closed out and completed within specified timelines.
- Evaluate vehicle and machinery operational requirements and maintain in accordance with the company systems and manufacturers recommendations to ensure safety standards are met.
- Fully participate and innovate in securing the long-term delivery and financial success of the SPEN Contract.
- Communicate with the General Manager and Client on all work related issues.
- Maintain and build relations with existing clients through regular client meetings, recording outcomes and actions.
- Direct and motivate the operational activity of the Contract to meet requirements as set by the General Manager.
- Oversee the smooth running of the contract ensuring that work is undertaken in a timely, cost effective and efficient way, in accordance with the requirements of the contract and with the commercial business requirements of Glendale.
- Directly supervise all work teams visiting all work sites at random/programmed intervals to monitor and audit adherence to performance, productivity, quality and technical standards compliance in accordance with industry best practice and the appropriate legislative and Contractual requirements.
- The credibility derived from a successful track record, which will gain acceptance from clients and the teams involved
- A leader with flexibility in style and thinking and an open approachable personality
- Strong relationship building skills coupled with excellent communication skills
- Financial and medium term planning skills as well as clear-sighted operational management awareness
- A personality with presence and stature who is strong on planning and time management
- A motivated approach
- A clear identification with the requirements of Glendale customers/ clients
- The ability to manage complex operations, with diversely tasked high service levels being required
- Good presentation skills
- Numerically confident, strong IT literacy and the ability to produce professional reports and documents
- Demonstrable range of people management skills
- Demonstrable positive Health and Safety culture and awareness
What can Glendale offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal – discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Glendale is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to Paul Bowyer, General Manager, at the following email address:
Glendale is one of the largest green space management service providers in the UK and specialises in tree care and management, grounds maintenance and landscaping. For more information visit www.glendale-services.co.uk.
Follow us on Twitter @GlendaleUK
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.