Flexible – Watford – Hertfordshire
Due to continued growth we are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Machinery Supervisor at our location in Radlett in Hertfordshire. Glendale’s Civic Trees operates on a national basis from its base in Radlett, Hertfordshire.
We are looking for a dynamic person to join and enhance our team at Civic Trees. You will be reviewing incoming enquiries, prepare, process and estimate costs for commercial landscape contracts as well as monitor and maintain the company’s vehicles and machinery/equipment.
The successful candidate will work to their own initiative and organise resources to deliver an effective service delivery including but not limited to:
- Managing and maintaining the fleet of vehicles
- Ordering of equipment when necessary
- Maintaining and completing accurate records
- Complying with the operators licence
- Adhering to Health and safety guidelines regarding machinery and equipment
The successful candidate will have:
- A high level of IT proficiency, particularly within Microsoft Excel
- Excellent numerical skills
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Able to demonstrate professional communications at all levels
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- At its core, Civic Trees is a specialist company dealing with semi-mature tree supply, planting and relocation to a significant and prestigious client base. This is a unique business that fuses a passion for trees, landscapes, heavy engineering and problem solving to create amazing spaces for clients with a passion for the environment.
- Salary between £24,000 to £26,500 per annum, and you will be working in a professional environment, joining a team that believes in a work-hard, play-hard approach.
- Working alone and as part of a team the successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, the ability to work using their initiative and follow instructions from colleagues
- Candidates will have experience in dealing with vehicle and plant maintenance
- Requiring genuine commitment this position offers an exciting challenge and a chance for a highly motivated team player to advance their career within a stable working environment in a successful growing company.
- A full driving licence is essential and if you have a HGV licence this will be an advantage.
What can Glendale offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal – discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
Glendale is a well established business that is continuously growing. Successful applicants can look forward to joining a company that can offer career prospects and believes in investing in its people.
How to Apply
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to:
28th February 2021
Glendale is one of the largest green space management service providers in the UK and specialises in tree care and management, grounds maintenance and landscaping. For more information visit www.glendale-services.co.uk.
Follow us on Twitter @GlendaleUK
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.