Following sustained growth, internal promotion and some new exciting commissions epd landscape have vacancies for both a graduate landscape architect/garden designer and an experienced (Chartered) Landscape Architect to join our very experienced team. We have a diverse portfolio of work and get involved in projects at all stages from inception through to construction.
epd landscape cover 5 core areas, Landscape architecture, landscape planning, urban design, heritage and conservation and garden design.
With our sister company, Glendale Countryside, we are able to provide our clients with inspirational, flexible and sustainable solutions ranging from initial designs to project implementation and maintenance. Glendale recently won landscape maintenance company of the year and has teams across the whole of the UK covering a number of environmental sectors.
We are looking for confident, dedicated and enthusiastic professionals with exceptional design and communication skills, along with the ability to fit into our friendly and hardworking team and to interact fully with other disciplines within the wider Group.
A role with epd landscape will provide diverse and interesting projects for both internal and external clients and you will gain experience in all aspects of project management as well as actively participating in the business progression.
We will provide excellent training for those looking to commence or progress on their Pathway to Chartership or those looking to further progress their careers. There will be ongoing mentoring and support from senior staff throughout this progression and you will become part of a growing landscape design team and the wider Glendale business.
Graduate Landscape Architect
Skills and experience required:
- graduate Landscape Architect or landscape architect with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a practice
- good graphic and creative design skills;
- technical expertise in designing creatively with plants and hard materials;
- expertise in preparing production information, specifying planting schemes and in providing information for successful implementation to contractors;
- knowledge and experience in sustainable design solutions;
- knowledge and experience in the preparation of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments and Landscape Management Plans;
- numerate and IT literate in the use of AutoCAD and Adobe Creative suite with the flexibility to be able to use other software packages. Knowledge of GIS advantageous.
- strong planning and time management skills;
- working as a member of a multi-professional team on larger or more complex projects.
- engage in a CPD programme and keep up to date with the latest techniques relating to landscape design and detailing.
Senior Landscape Architect
Skills and experience required:
- Chartered member of the Landscape Institute, Postgraduate qualification in Landscape Architecture;
- at least four years relevant project and multi-disciplinary team leading design and delivery experience in the UK, from concept to completion, ideally with a strong component of landscape architecture and public realm;
- experience of developing new client opportunities across the spectrum of Landscape Architecture;
- excellent design skills, alongside excellent graphic, verbal and written communication with the ability to maintain and build key client relationships;
- good knowledge of planting and technical skills to develop hard landscaping details in a precise and reliable manner;
- experience of writing LVIA’s and ES chapters would be an advantage;
- confident knowledge of AutoCAD;
- experience of Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Vectorworks will be an advantage;
- experience of and willingness to mentor members of the team;
- engage in a CPD programme and keep up to date with the latest techniques relating to landscape design and detailing;
- to assist in the promotion of epd landscape services through effective communication with clients and potential clients;
- to work in accordance with ‘The Landscape Institute Code of Standards or Conduct and Practice for Landscape Architects’
- The posts will be based in our Chorley head office. Home working will be considered depending on the candidate with regular team meetings in the office. Working in our Chorley head office you will also be alongside the wider Glendale office team including Business development, finance, HR, IT and management.
- he/she will be required to make available a suitable vehicle for use whilst undertaking the business of the department.
How to Apply
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should consist of:
- covering letter stating your salary expectations, reasons why you would like to join us and date from when you are available;
- reduced size portfolio, including examples of work that demonstrate the skills required. Max 25mb
No agency applications will be considered.
EPD and Glendale are committed to equality of opportunity and applications from suitably qualified persons are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.