Application Close Date: Unspecified
Competitive Hourly rates of pay + achievable output bonus
Based at our Edinburgh Depot the successful candidates will be highly motivated individuals reporting to the Supervisor or Contract Manager as required, to provide management support to the operational works.
● Hands on role assisting the Contract Manager/Supervisor in the effective delivery of the programmed maintenance.
● Responsible for several operational teams.
● Taking responsibility for the works on site, including timekeeping, productivity arrangements for breaks, dealing with members of the public, visitors to the site and deliveries.
● Motivation, support and guidance of the teams, proactively leading by example. Maintaining workforce discipline.
● To oversee the smooth running of the depot ensuring cleanliness of the depot and yard are of high standard at all times.
● Operating and ensuring others operate company and hire vehicles, machinery and equipment with care and that daily checks and routine servicing are carried and properly recorded.
● Being aware of their enhanced duties under the Glendale Health & Safety Policy for the safety of team members on site and for reporting incidents and near misses.
● To undertake other duties as may be reasonably required by the Contract Manager and Supervisor.
● Ideally the candidate should be qualified in horticulture with a minimum of 3 years experience.
● A confident person who can display good people management.
● Adaptable to different working techniques with a strong work ethic.
● Experienced using a wide variety of small engine machinery
● Good IT knowledge
● Ideally have a full, clean driving licence.
● PA1 & PA6 is desirable.
● Aware of all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
● Applicants must be reliable and conscientious and will be required to work on their own initiative.