40 hours/week (Mon-Fri)
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader providing green services to private and public sector businesses.
Glendale Managed Services, the green services division of Parkwood Holdings Plc, and winner of 2011 BALI Employer of the year award,has revenues of £45 million.
Glendale operates throughout the UK and is a green business with “green thinking” at the core of everything we do. Glendale activities include: grounds management, vegetation management, landscaping, horticulture and golf course management.
We are looking for a self motivated person to join our prestigious growing GEM Yorkshire grounds maintenance team. We have a role available at Drax Power Station and a mobile role and carrying out ground maintenance with our new contract with the CO-OP. In addition to grounds maintenance there may on occasions be an opportunity to work overtime gritting other sites. Any hours worked over contracted hours for winter gritting will be paid a generous bonus payment.
Driving licence is essential. PA1 and PA6 desirable.
SKILLED OPERATIVE – JOB DESCRIPTION
As a Skilled Operative your responsibilities will include the following:
- To carry out instructions from your Line Manager in accordance with Glendale’s Health and Safety Policy, Glendale’s Codes of Practice, Glendale’s Quality Management Systems and the Employee Handbook.
- General maintenance of areas to include grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves, shrub bed maintenance, sweeping, garden clearance, removing fly tipping and litter as required.
- Undertake horticultural operations, e.g. planting, pruning and seeding: ground maintenance.
- Undertake activities utilising craft skills, e.g. interpretation of plants, site preparation and construction.
- Operate ride-on mowers.
- Use a range of tools and equipment, including power tools and light plant, including the operation of tractor-mounted equipment.
- Drive company vehicles/tow trailers as required.
Health and Safety
- In accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Glendale Health and Safety Policy.
- To be knowledgeable of Health and Safety Regulations within your workplace.
- The Health and Safety of yourself, your work colleagues and any person who may be present in your working environment.
- To promote safe working practises at all times.
- To ensure that you have received the correct induction/training for the equipment you are going to use and that the induction/training has been recorded in your personnel file. You should also ensure that any lower graded members of staff who
- may be working with you have also received the correct induction/training for any equipment they may use.
- To ensure that all equipment is safe to use.
Machine Maintenance and Security
- The correct use and maintenance of all vehicles, plant and equipment in accordance with its handbook and the enforcement of security for all equipment used.
- The correct completion and collation of all machinery checks/maintenance sheets from your team and the correct use of defect tags.
- To ensure all vehicle plant and equipment are suitable for the task and are safe to use.
Quality and Customer Care
- In accordance with our ISO9001 Accreditation and the Glendale Quality Management Systems.
- To monitor and maintain your work output to a satisfactory level and standard.
- To ensure that you are aware of your tasks and targets for each day and to ensure that you are fully aware of the standard of work required for each task.
- To ensure that any associated administration is completed and returned to the office within the required timescales.
- In accordance with our ISO14001 Accreditation.
- To ensure that yourself and any lower graded staff you may be working with operate your duties in a way that minimises our impact upon the environment. This will include the safe and efficient use of fuels/oils, the correct handling and disposal of waste materials and the correct handling and storage of pesticides (PA1 and PA6 only).
- To ensure that any spillage of fuels or chemicals are dealt with quickly and efficiently and in accordance with the regulations.
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably required by the company.
If you are unsure of any of the above items it is your responsibility to raise them with your Line Manager.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you.
Please apply with a letter of application and CV to : email@example.com
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.