Application Close Date: 31/05/2022 (Closed)
Senior Team Leader | Brookwood
Full Time / Permanent
This full-time position is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader providing green services to both private and public sector businesses.
The works at Brookwood Cemetery will include the following skilled areas
● Grass cutting
● Hedge cutting
● Ornamental Horticulture
● Lawn renovation
● Pond cleaning
Cemetery operations are not included in the contract
Who are we?
Glendale Countryside Limited, the ‘green services’ division of Alston Investments Ltd, has revenues of circa £35 million and operates throughout the UK.
Glendale’s activities include grounds management, arboriculture, landscaping, estate management, vegetation control, woodland management, supply and relocation of plants and semi-mature trees, winter services and the management of sports facilities.
At the forefront of green service provision across the UK since 1989, Glendale offers innovative solutions for the total management and maintenance of the green environment.
Who are you?
● A high level of initiative and self motivation.
● Strong relationship building skills coupled with excellent communication skills.
● A self motivated individual.
● Flexible approach to duties.
● Vitality and resilience under pressure.
● Strong in planning and time management.
● Customer/client care focus.
● Leadership and communication skills
● The ability to champion Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety compliance and
It is desirable to hold the following qualifications:
● A National Certificate (BTEC or EdExcel) ~ NVQ Level 3 ~ horticultural qualification and or demonstrable experience of a horticultural or grounds maintenance environment
● recognised practical qualifications such as in chainsaw/ pesticide
● CSCS card.
● A full, clean driving licence is an essential requirement for this role.
A Glimpse into the Role awaiting You…
The senior team leader will run the day-day operation of the contract, planning the tasks and resources to ensure a high quality, efficient and safe service. You will report to the Contract Supervisor based at a local depot (and the local Contract Manager). This is a hands-on operational
What can Glendale offer you?
● Competitive salary
● Generous annual leave
● Free gym membership for you and a nominated person
● Employee health cash plan
● Employee discount portal – discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards,
cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
● Cycle to Work scheme
● Pension Scheme
● Company sick pay
● Career progression
● Training and development
How to Apply
If you feel like you could bring some fresh ideas to the table we want to hear from you.
Please apply with a letter of application and CV to:
Follow us on Twitter @GlendaleUK
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.